International Relations Office informs about an attractive offer for EU students of science who want to participate in a one-year internship in Japan.
Vulcanus in Japan started in 1997.
The programme consists of industrial placements for EU / COSME students. It starts in September and ends in August of the following year in order to accommodate the academic year in EU Member States.
The students follow:
- a one-week seminar on Japan,
- a four-month intensive Japanese language course,
- and then an eight-month traineeship in a Japanese company.
- To study the range of advanced technologies employed by a leading Japanese host company.
- To learn Japanese and Japanese culture with a view to an enriching one year experience abroad.
- To be well placed in your future career to interact with Japanese businesses and people.
This programme is financed by the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation and the Japanese host company. The EU / COSME* students are awarded a grant (Yen 1.900.000) to cover the cost of travel to and from Japan and living expenses in Japan. There is no charge for the language course and seminar, and accommodation is provided free of charge during the course and seminar and the company traineeship.
- citizen of an EU Member-State or a COSME partening country.
- a student of engineering or science (computer science, science engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical, electronics, biotechnology, electrical engineering, physics, telecommunication, nuclear engineering, civil engineering, metal materials, ceramics, production system, etc.) at an EU / COSME university, enrolled –at the moment of application– in between the 4th official year of university studies (3 undergraduate + 1) and the penultimate year of PhD.
- able to provide a certificate of enrollment at the university valid until at least 3 months prior to the starting of the programme (please note that you cannot complete your cycle of studies before June).
Deadline to apply:
23 January 2022 for session: September 2022 – August 2023.
The inherent docuemntation will be uploaded in Programme webpage by November 2021.